Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Thursday, June 28, 2012

How Do You Start Your Day? ~ The Beacon for June 28, 2012


How you start your day largely reflects how your day will go.  Understand that we are the cause for our days.   Our internal resonance that is created by the thoughts we think and the actions we take attracts or repels our external experiences much like the energy of a magnet attracts or repels objects around it.  


If you start your day touching your snooze bar more often than your partner, dragging yourself out of bed, being sluggish and slow as your day begins, one step behind, rushing for a breakfast which consists of a coffee and a lump of gluten (which instantly throws your whole system into a state of fight or flight), your resonance is set.  Your external world begins to assemble itself accordingly following you direct cue. 

Alternatively if you begin your day in peace and take the time to envision your day according to your ideals, to your heart’s desires and then thank your beloved for being a part of your life, it’s a different story.   Arising out of bed with plenty of time to nourish your body, mind and soul to prepare for your day with nourishing foods, energizing exercise and some peaceful meditation/journaling and/or prayer your day will be grateful to align itself with you.

For me I was never a morning person.  I was that person who hit the snooze bar 10 times, and was always a step behind schedule before the day even began.  My mornings were a stress.  And that stress energy acted as a great energizer to help me deal with all the drama my day was about to offer.  As I have matured, listened and implemented the wisdom of my teachers, all who suggest the importance of a daily morning practice I have learned to change my ways.  For me now my morning practice is something that I truly enjoy and see the value of immensely.  This is why I encourage you, if you have not already done so, to begin consciously creating your day through a healthy morning routine. 

I call it my ‘Morning Power hour’.  It is a time for me to clean and nourish my body and mind, just like I take a shower each morning to wash away yesterday’s grim, my daily power hour is an opportunity for me to cleanse and clarify my body, mind and spirit as well.

I have just come across a fabulous video by Dr. Joe Dispenza, a chiropractor, featured in the movie “What The Bleep Do We Know”.  He outlines just how important conscious choices are throughout our day.  You can view here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVeMFYgg1c






Have a wonderful week.
Dr. Norm

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video to us and for being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete