Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reflections on "Planting Seeds of Health" ~ The Beacon for July 5, 2011

For the last two weeks you have had the opportunity to "plant seeds of health" in our community with complementary gift certificates for first visits to share with friends, family, neighbours, etc.

Wow!  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many conscious people - both in terms of your own health and your awareness & commitment to those you love and care about.  Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts that each of you are so willing to engage & share the chiropractic message and your own benefits from care by offering gifts of health to those in your inner circle.  We really appreciate your caring... and know that your friends and family will too.

"Who do you wish was under regular chiropractic care?"  - your neighbour, your dentist, optometrist, your child's teacher/daycare worker, cashier, minister, hair stylist.  "Who would benefit from greater energy, better sleep or a better connection with themselves?"

I'm reminded in my own life the "messages" that I resisted and avoided and indeed that took me a while "to get" and really hear.  The same message that came forward and was repeated to me in multiple ways, through multiple voices and at multiple times over the years, but it wasn't until I was truly ready to hear whatever wisdom the message held that I was able to take it in, understand and make use of it.  As so often is the case - in terms of timing and opportunities in divine order.

One experience that comes to mind... that started two years ago when I was given a copy of "The Shack" and though I appreciated the generosity and warm wishes attached to the book I had significant reservations in reading it.  Throughout the two years a handful of people in different circles expressed their interest, appreciation or mentioned the book in passing... I would pick up my copy - re-read the back cover, thumb through it briefly but didn't feel the draw to continue.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, where I attended a workshop where the facilitator raved about the book, I returned to Nanaimo where a client spoke very highly of it and had a third person in refer to it too.  Okay Universe!  I'm listening - I'll give it another chance.  A few days later I've finished chapter 4 and feeling through my 'old stories' of grief, self-responsibility, forgiveness and letting go... Ahhh, I see now why I wasn't open a read to read this a year ago.

What I'd like to share is the importance of hanging with someone and holding space by continuing to plant seeds of health and wellness... even if and especially when they may not see eye to eye or follow your advice/suggestion right away.  In some cases, it's a real 'stretch' for a friend or family member to consider something outside "the standard" or "normal" medical model.

Don't give up... sometimes it takes a person hearing the same message
a number of times before they take action.  When the time is right and with your loving, encouragement - anything is possible.

Thank you for seeing and supporting our vision, for speaking up to better support your friend's health... and especially overall wellbeing.      

Heather & The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio

"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it drink"


** Reminder to check out the updated video posts at http://www.youtube.com/thelifehousechiro **

No comments:

Post a Comment