Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Little Ol Ivy ~ The Beacon for June 7, 2011

For the past two years I have had the good fortune of working with this most delightful lady at The Salvation Army Office weekly. Ivy has come to see me faithfully once a week, always with a smile, never a complaint, and often with a story to share. This past week she mentioned how she was a little tired as she had just returned from a mainland excursion for a taping of The Price is Right, in her words “It was really quite exciting!”

As I adjusted her, I continued asking questions about a topic that she had shared with me about a week ago. It had taken me a full week to fully comprehend. “So Ivy, when you jumped out of that plane were you with another person?”
  “Oh yes, there was a guide who was tied to me.” Ivy replied.
I continued, “And just before you jumped were you afraid?”
  “No, no I wasn’t afraid. I was with a professional; he knew what he was doing.” Then she added, “I was really excited though, that’s for sure! I had never done anything like that before.”
  “So what was it like?” I asked.
  “Oh beautiful… just beautiful!” She gushed. “And when I got to the bottom the guide asked me if I would do it again. I said, ‘Well maybe for my 90th birthday.’ “ with a twinkle in her eye.

I politely asked, “I know I am never to ask a woman her age but do you mind me asking how old you are?”
“I am 88 now.” (Ivy made the original skydiving jump when she was 80.)
“Wow!” I remarked.


I have replayed this story a number of times now, each time feeling more excitement and more potential of what’s possible in my own life. It certainly has brought up some ideas and has set a challenge for me. I share this story as an opportunity for you to set a challenge for yourself.

“What experience would you most like to have?”
“What do you ‘put off for another day’ that you’d like to take on now?”
“What possibility in life excites you?”

Stay tuned for part two of the story…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An extra bonus, you are welcome to view our first you tube video feature on The Lifehouse Chiro YouTube channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/TheLifehouseChiro

We invite you to "subscribe", by clicking the yellow button at the top of the page, to stay updated on future posts, comments and videos which we will be updating regularly with a series shot with our local video guru Paul Manly.



Be well…

“Go Canucks Go!”

Dr. Norm & the Lifehouse team

1 comment:

  1. Angela BirtwistleJune 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM

    I just wanna give you guys a shout out and say 'thank you thank you thank you!!!' Tonight I had such an amazing night just being with my innate! I played volleyball I'n Nanaimo, which is really fun and you 2 should Definitly come play there! I know that heather sounded really stoked to play and it would be cool to see what she's got on the courts too ;> tee hee!
    So thank you so much you two for your help and support and patience with me! I've got more to tell you about this awesome night later ;) but all I'n all I rocked my socks off... Which is funny because I wasn't wearing any shoes or socks cuz we played I'n the sand!! Ahaha!! ;D

    Angela b

    ReplyDelete