Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Judgment, Jealousy and Gratitude ~ The Beacon for May 31, 2011

This past week I had the opportunity of living out an uncomfortable life lesson.  On Wednesday I experienced myself harshly judging the behavior of another person.  I had grown frustrated and tired of what I was seeing and had reached the last straw, so to speak.  Inside I let myself know it, and ran with my story for the rest of the day.  I was right and I knew it. 

Of course with judgment there is a downside.  My focus and attention was off of myself, I was entrenched in what the other person had done (or not done in this instance).  By the end of the day I was exhausted, grumpy and off track.   The next day I witnessed something even more surprising, I enacted the exact same behavior that I had judged the day before.  Wow!  I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  How could I be doing that which yesterday I had so quickly judged?   I am reminded that in relationship there really is only one of us, the other is just a mirror reflecting myself back to me.   I am also reminded how everything is energy, when I judge something I am stopping that flow and this blockage is going to create dis-ease somewhere.  Energy can neither be created nor destroyed – it simply shifts, gets transferred or winds up stuck.  This dis-ease or lack of ease manifested as my disharmonious behavior.

Jealously has other similar effects.  When we are jealous of another we are actually repelling that which we are jealous of.  If we are jealous of their beauty we repel our own beauty, if we are jealous of another’s wealth we repel our own abundance, and when we are jealous of another’s popularity we bring ourselves further into isolation. 

The contrast to this is love, admiration and gratitude.  Notice what you admire in others.  You see this in others because it is a strength in you as well.  Find love for others and their actions (love is acceptance it doesn’t mean you necessarily need to agree with it) and the energy of the behavior is free to flow.  Be grateful for all you have and you will open the wellsprings to allow and receive more.  


I am reminded of Dr. John Demartini’s wise words “Love the person for who they are and they will become the person you love.”

Life is such a trip.  Take the high road.  

In gratitude,
Dr. Norm    
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment