Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bucket List ~ The Beacon for August 16, 2012

Hello Lifehouse Community,
Wishing everyone an enjoyable last few weeks of their summer!  Wow what a summer we have had.  Thank you Mother Nature for blessing us with all this sun allowing for so much fun!   Before I get into this week’s beacon article, I want to remind everyone that next week we will be switching to our new hours of operation.  New hours features early morning (Tuesday and Thursday) and later afternoon (Monday and Wednesday) prime time adjusting slots to better serve you.  See new adjusting times below.  

Now for this week’s beacon article.

With Emily’s recent car accident I spent a lot of time over the past few weeks thinking about the fragility of life. (By the way, Emily is recovering nicely surrounded by friends and family in her hometown).  Wow we really don’t know the randomness of life and how in one breath it all could be taken away.  Until this reflection time I recognized how I was living under the impression that I was guaranteed many decades of life ahead of me.  I have my health, I take care of my body and I am doing everything right on track.  But the reality is we just don’t know.  Death is as much a reality as life is.  This was a pretty heavy reflection which bared much learning and one I encourage you to spend some time with as well.  

In the meantime one of my coach/advisors was flying off to Africa to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro the tallest peak in Africa.  As he set off for his adventures he communicated it as one of the items in his bucket list that he was eager to experience. This morning I had the opportunity to speak with him.  In his words, this was “A life changing experience”, he returned home so grateful for our opportunities in Canada, so grateful for his family, and feeling blessed to be alive.  Tom thank you for living full out and for living by example!      

This got me thinking of my own bucket list.  I had seen the movie years ago and remembered the concept as it was a hot phrase for quite some time.  But it had drifted from my mind before I had taken the time to compile my own list, let alone experience any of them.  So I began to create my list.  This has been a real eye opener for me as it did not come easily.  Just what do I want to do with my life, what is really meaningful to me, what do I want to see before I die, is there anything that I need to say to another person before I check out, just how do I want to leave the earth?  My list is growing and more importantly it is clarifying.  One of the things that I have learned from my coach Tom is getting clear on what really is important to us is always the first step.  Once you have that and it is written down then you can take action on it, before those steps it is only in the ethers and it is way less likely to come true.  
I encourage you to create your bucket list as well.  Take some time with it, ponder it, and clarify it.  To help you get in the mood for it I have attached a couple of inspirational Youtube videos for you to look at.  May you get clear on what is truly important to you and begin to live your life from those ideas.  Don’t leave your bucket list till tomorrow, as you know what they say, tomorrow may never come.  And a challenge to all you 'keeners' - there will be space in the hallway to post your top ten bucket list items.  (You can remain anonymous if you choose)   Accountability also helps manifest dreams & intentions.

 
Carpe Diem,
Dr. Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment