Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Friday, January 21, 2011

Healing Miracles ~ The Beacon for January 21, 2011


I have come to realize that when it comes to health there are typically two types of people.  There are those who think they already know about health and then there are those who are searching to know more about health.  For those of you who are searching to know more about health I have two special offers for you.  I have just recently composed my second book “Optimal Health Essentials - Conscious Concepts to Radically Empower Your Health.” The book will be available for sale in our office starting next week for $15.  Along with the book sprung an all new Optimal Health Essentials workshop, our next workshop will be Thursday Feb 3rd from 7-8pm at The Lifehouse.  As a special treat here is one of the new chapters from the book.  I would love your feedback.  Have a great weekend.

Dr. Norm


Optimal Health Essentials #6 Healing Miracles

During my second year of school I experienced firsthand my own chiropractic healing miracle.  The miracle began with an injury that first happened 15 years earlier.  As a teenager I twice dislocated my right knee cap.  This was the most painful and physically traumatic thing I had ever experienced.  Both times the conventional medical treatment was to place my knee in a full leg cast for 6 weeks to try and shrink the ligaments of my knee.  After the cast was off my leg was weak, gangly and had lost nearly all of it’s range of motion.  The next 3 months of my life was spent in physiotherapy were the therapist spent hours using lots of force to regain my range of motion.  An experience I would rather not have to go through again (or see anyone else encounter).

The night before a bus trip to a chiropractic workshop in New Jersey we were out dancing with all the students of our class.  Being the outrageous person I am I thought it would be wise to show off my greatest dance move.  It was a move that I had not used in quite some time, however I knew it would be sure to impress.  It was kind of a ‘Michael Jackson’ type move where I would jump up in the air, do a complete spin then land doing the splits.  Everything was going according to plan.  I could see the amazement in the eyes of my on lookers, however this time when I landed something went horribly wrong.  I could hear the smack of the landing and feel the immediate tearing sensation in my right knee.  I had just dislocated my knee, again!

The next day soon came which had us leaving right after school for our bus trip.  This left me no time to go and have it looked at, or treated with any medical intervention.  I spent the entire bus ride, which lasted through the night, sitting on the edge seat with my leg, throbbing with pain, outstretched into the aisle.  The journey was nearly unbearable.  I didn’t sleep a wink.

The next morning we all ventured off to the workshop with hundreds of other people.  One of the breaks I went to the foyer area where people were congregating and many were getting adjusted.  I decided to do the same so I waited in a very long line.  As I got closer to the table I was able to see the chiropractor who was going to adjust me.  He was a very large man, dressed in overalls and a plaid shirt.  To be honest he looked like he had just stepped off of a tractor.  Initially I was disappointed and nearly walked away.  However after realizing how long I just waited in line, I decided to go ahead with the adjustment.

Finally it was my turn.  I quickly tried to tell him what had happened, where my injury was and what spinal level he should look at to try and fix my knee.  He politely said, “Lay down, Innate will figure it out.”  He adjusted me twice in the neck and once in the mid back - nowhere close to the segmental level that innervates the knees.  I got up disappointed. 

During the lunch break I began to sense something very strange happening.  My leg was working better.  I was able to step off the curb, my range of motion was improving, and the pain which had kept me up all night was drastically decreasing.  By the time we got home late that evening I was able to show off my new knee by piggy backing my friend up two flights of stairs.  Wow!  What had been 5 months of casts, rehab and excruciating pain had healed nearly instantaneously.  Healing can occur very quickly and often feels miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment