Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Give Peace a Chance" ~ The Beacon for Nov 11, 2010


Give Peace a Chance

Every year around this time I begin to feel an inner conflict.  Around me is the societal norm of celebrating the war veterans for all their sacrifices through the recent wars.  There is a part of me that wants to honour the valiant efforts of these men and women and the ensuing gifts they have left behind.  There is another part of me that remains frustrated with the seemingly excessive focus on war.  I wonder - What about peace?   In our celebrations do we remember to celebrate peace as well?

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."
~ Mother Teresa
As we turn our focus to peace where are you looking for that peace?  Are you looking for it out there externally, on the television, provided for you by the government, or is it something that you pray for others to realize?  Or do you drop in and look for it within?
“Outer peace will not be experienced until inner peace is realized.”  Dr. Norm Detillieux

As you realize that peace within - is it something to be held on to, to be admired to be horded?  Or is it a gift that keeps on giving?  Do you look to pay that peace forward giving it to another?

If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another.”~ Tenzin Gyatso, The 14th Dalai Lama

This morning I lay awake observing my upcoming day.  I remembered it was Remembrance Day.  I remembered the good words of Mother Teresa.  And I also remembered the words and song of John Lennon and Yoko Ono “Give Peace a Chance”.  I have attached the replicas of the original posters that they plastered through the world.  You too can display around your home, your place of work or gift to those around you this simple message of peace….if you choose.

May peace be with you.
Dr. Norm





Please email transform@thelifehouse.ca to request a "Give Peace a Chance" or "War is Over - If you Want It" word document to print at your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment