Nanaimo Chiropractors

Welcome to the Nanaimo Chiropractors blog of The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio and Dr. Norm Detillieux, Chiropractor in Nanaimo, BC

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Are You Committed?" ~ The Beacon for September 8, 2011


This past month marked a huge breakthrough for me around commitment.   I unearthed a subconscious pattern that stemmed from my childhood that had engrained in me a resistance and defiance towards commitment.  Once I connected with this pattern and found gratitude for the gifts it offered through my journey the pattern transformed before my eyes.  The way I was behaving towards commitment changed, even the way I looked at life changed. I would love to share more about what I am learning.


These patterns were evident in many areas and one that was easy to see was my morning exercise routine.  Before, my commitment wobbled with both my internal and external experiences.  I was more committed to how I “felt” about things than actually “following through” on my commitments.  Some mornings I would awake basking in the enjoyment of holding Heather, so I did, which often lasted through my scheduled running time.  Other days I would get outside and then convince myself that walking would be better for me as it would give me a chance to take in all the beauty around me, changing my mind and allowing myself to flip flop daily.  This had many ill effects as it would translate into me feeling like I let myself down, I felt behind and pressured for time in the mornings, and it created a lack of trust in some of those around me as I was so often changing my mind.

With the new found breakthroughs I am a different man.  I am not denying my heart, I am using my heart to define my commitments, and once my commitments are in place now I am following through on them.  My life has taken on a much bigger commitment than just my moment to moment feelings and situations.  It is like the rudder of my ship has grown in size and strength and the captain knows just where to go regardless of the weather patterns and regardless of how he feels that day. 


Commitment is paramount to all of us achieving what we want.  I am always curious working with my clients, how some people achieve such great results and others quit after just a visit or two having achieved very little.  The difference isn’t me.  The difference is in them and the difference is their commitment.  Let’s face it we all are going to face some obstacles in life, whether they are internal or external, this part is inevitable, who we are facing these obstacles is where we have choice and it is this that defines our life.  Many people don’t realize that they are bigger than their feelings, that they are bigger than their problems, that they have resources to make change in their life.  They can make more money to do the things they want in life, or say “no” to those things that are not ultimately serving them.  Know that you can say “no” to the obligations you have stumbled into that really don’t serve you.  If you can’t say a powerful “No”, you won’t be able to make a powerful “Yes”.  Know that you are the architect of your life.  You can create your life the way you want to.


And I leave you with this following poem......


Until next time, let your commitments and “you” be bigger than all the rest.

Dr. Norm


Until one is committed
There is hesitancy, the chance to draw back
Always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and Creation)
There is one elementary truth
The ignorance which kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
That the moment that one definitely commits ones self
Then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one
That would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision
Raising in one’s favor all manner
Of unforeseen incidents and meetings
And material substance
Which no one could have dreamt
Would have come your way.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
~ Goethe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out Dr. Norm's Optimal Health Essentials -
a series of conscious concepts to help you radically empower you & your life.

Chapter 11 - Common Health Myth #1
Chapter 12 - Common Health Myth #2


No comments:

Post a Comment